Ugandan singer Lubega Kassim, popularly known as Yung Mulo, is pushing back against reports that linked him to a criminal who was sentenced to 130 years in prison, saying the confusion has damaged his reputation.
The controversy arose after a convicted criminal who reportedly identified himself as “Young Mulo” was sentenced to 130 years, while some media reports did not clearly identify him by his actual name.
According to Yung Mulo, that omission created the impression that the musician himself had been arrested, convicted and handed the lengthy prison sentence.

The singer has now publicly clarified that he is not the person who was sentenced and has never been involved in the criminal case.
Yung Mulo accused media outlets that published the reports of unnecessarily associating his name with the convicted criminal and said the coverage has created confusion among his fans, fellow artists and the wider public.
He also pointed out that the reports came at a time when he is focused on promoting his upcoming show scheduled for October 9 in Munyonyo.
“You have created your own ‘Young Mulos’ to soil and tarnish my name and image. I’m busy promoting my show that is slated to happen October 9 in Munyonyo, but some have written in the papers claiming I was arrested and jailed for 130 years,” he said.
The singer also questioned why some reports did not use the convicted person’s real name, arguing that the failure to clearly distinguish between the two identities was responsible for the public confusion.

Yung Mulo further said he intends to collect evidence of the reports published about the case and could take the matter to court.
“I claimed the name ‘Yung Mulo’ in courts of law. I’m going to gather evidence and everything that was published by any media platform and head to courts of law so that you explain and produce evidence of the other guy, where he got or claimed the ‘Yung Mulo’ name from that you’re all promoting,” he said.
His comments amount to a clear denial of any involvement in the criminal case and the 130-year sentence.
For now, Yung Mulo says his focus remains on protecting his name and image while preparing for his October 9 show in Munyonyo. He has vowed to compile the reports and other material as he considers his legal options against media platforms he believes misrepresented his identity.
